"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." - Corrie Ten Boom

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Home Is Where the <3 Is

What is your center? What is the single-most thing that defines the importance of who you are and what you do? When wants, feelings, and "things" are stripped away what is it that you most long for? For me... the answer is God. I have been reminded over the last few days while the babies and I have been holed up in our home with a stomach bug.. of the joy in knowing that He is what matters most, and not only that, but that the job He has given me to do is to watch over these three wonderful children.

There is nothing in the world I would trade for the security I have found in the truth that God is in control, that He has a purpose and a plan for my life, and that His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. When that is at the center of our minds... it is not hard to take what comes each day (even.. and especially.. the hard things) as part of his glorious plan for our lives. Not only that.. but the more I have entered into this realization and worked to put behind my selfishess.. the more I have known the excitement of not needing to know what or why.. but just knowing that the God of the universe loves me.. and He is in control. That is amazing. He teaches us, molds us, helps us, and walks with us along the way! Sure... life is hard. But God is good.



"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. ...so is my word that goes out from my mouth; it will not return to me empty. It will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out with joy and be led forth with peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and the trees of the field will clap their hands." Isaiah 55:8-9, 11-12

Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places, surely I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6

"I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices. My body also will rest secure." Psalm 16:8-9



"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, sweet post! Thank you for sharing how GREAT God is in your lives! You have blessed my day with your honesty and opened my eyes that much more to how much I need Him and love Him!

Hope you guys are feeling better. We love you!

Team B