"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." - Corrie Ten Boom

Monday, September 7, 2009

And now He is SEVEN.


Here's big boy on his first birthday... what a sweet boy. I'm so blessed! Today.... was number 7. :)
We enjoyed a big lunch and gifts with some of the family...


I think it looks like Hannah had TONS of cake in this picture :)

Jacob started the morning with a party with friends from school His big request was an ice cream cake. Thank yoooou Dairy Queen!

Hannah put on a "party dress" this morning... then taught the boys how it's done.

Quote of the day: "Alright little people! If you don't move away from the goal I'm just going to kick the ball harder until you do!" - Will Wall
(Gulp.)



sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar

Will made Jacob these special pancakes... aren't they amazing?!?! He's such a great daddy!


Jacob said his favorite thing about the day (along with all of the presents ... of course...) was seeing so much of his family and so many of his friends. He got special phone calls this morning from Grammie, Pop Pop, Nay Nay, Aunt Marie and the fam... and Uncle Mike and Aunt Faith!!! I literally didn't hear my phone all day amidst the chaos of 15 1st graders... but boy you should have seen his face listening to those messages :) We love our family!

It needs to be said.
I'm one blessed mama.
I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that the Lord chose to bless me with these wonderful children.

Jacob has such a sweet tender heart that is always ready to please. I'm so proud of the boy he's growing up to be... and I KNOW it's because of the way he loves God and the way that his God loves him. :) It's an awesome thing to see!

I hear that quite often we can be harder on our first child.
I know I have been at times.
In alot of ways... I feel like we've grown up some together... figuring this whole thing out. He's very different from me, and I'm thankful for that too! He LOVES a schedule. I LOVE to be... "flexible".
Jacob LOVES vegetables.
I... um... yeah.
But we both love to laugh. We all do.
We love God.
We love to work hard... and see how we can make things work out.
And those are things I cherish.
I'm so thankful we're all in this thing together.
What a wonderful little boy to have as my first child. He has brought me so much joy! He encourages me as well... and is willing to learn and grow when he's corrected. I'm so thankful to have seen so much growth in him these last few years... and I'm excited to see what God has in store for this wonderful boy!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

aw. i remember him that little! you BOTH look like babies in that first picture. you are SUCH a good momma and jacob is one blessed boy to have you! :)

Naff News said...

Happy birthday, Jake!

Mike said...

I loved this...it will be so much fun to be close again! I miss getting to see the kids (and the parents).