"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." - Corrie Ten Boom

Friday, August 29, 2008

KINDERGARTEN!!!


It actually happened! My big boy started kindergarten last week! The younger two don't know what to do without him :) He is only in school until 12 though, so they don't have long to wait it out. They have spent a great deal of time planning Jacob's upcoming birthday :)
Jacob is in Mrs. Scypher's class. She a wonderful woman who has been teaching for over 20 years! Jacob absolutely loves her. He is making friends, doing well on his work, and so far has enjoyed every day. I'm so thankful for his school and for how much he is enjoying it so far. Finally, I'm thankful for a 3 day weekend!
As I haven't blogged in so long I wanted to share a couple of quotes that made me laugh. I don't know, maybe you had to be there, but even so. :)
Two days ago it was POURING down rain and as Hannah, Sam, and I ran into the YMCA I heard Hannah say, "Boy, it sure is a good thing I have my hat on!" Sam looked a little disgruntled for a moment and then responded with equal enthusiasm and sincerity, "Boy, it sure is a good thing I have my hair on!!!" He's a "glass is half-full" type of a kid!
Another thing that made me laugh was on the way home from school today I was asking Jacob questions about his day. We had gone through everything I thought, and I was talking about how nice his teacher is and how she always seems happy. He said "Yeah. But today we lost a kid for awhile. She was VERY not happy about that. But then we found him." ... and then proceeded to ask what we were having for lunch. Made me laugh out loud. :)

2 comments:

Naff News said...

Made me laugh out loud too :)

Anonymous said...

Ditto.

Team B.